TOP COAT COMPARISON:
SECHE VITE +
OUT THE DOOR
- SMEAR RESISTANCE: Seche Vite dries to a "smear resistant" level faster than Out the Door..... however I have found that although you can sort of touch or brush your nails after putting on Seche Vite rather than when you have put Out the Door - the nail polish is still malleable and able to dent easily.
- And is it just me or does Seche Vite cause TERRIBLE shrinkage.... I mean there have been times for me where the polish shrinks and at one point I can just peel it off... yeah... I mean.. I deal with it because I love it so much.. but that really gets me upset sometimes. And today I was doing a pedicure and there were a few bubbles... has it gone bad?!
- FULL DRYING TIME: As I said before Seche tends to be "smear/touch resistant" quicker but all in all if you wait the extra time for Out the Door which is like a minute or two extra, you will find that they won't dent as easily because of the thinner formula.
- SMELL: I MUCH prefer the Out the Door smell to the Seche Vite smell. Why? .. Well the OTD oder isn't as strong and it is a more pleasant smell (my opinion only). OTD smells like glue or putty. SV smells like a shoe cleaner but a very strong smell.
- SHINE: By far Seche Vite Beats OTD in shine by a mile (if you want an identical if not better shine try using Sally Hansen Mega Shine)
- PRICE: OTD is $5.49 at Sally Beauty Supply and SV is $7.99 at Sally's too. BUT if you are purchasing a lot at Sally's and you don't already know about the Beauty Club Card I advise you to get one. It saves you a whole lot of money if you make lots of purchases there. With the card SV comes out to $6.49 and OTD comes out to $4.99.
I LOVE both top coats and for some reason I always mix them up and just use different simply because I just pick one up and slap it on my nails. But I love the Seche Vite shine and drying speed but I like that Out the Door is thin... so I am a fan of both. But I am just putting this out there for people to see. I have bought any and all products from this post with my own money and own will I went out to get them because I had heard good things about both top coats.
I have talked about the Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat (click here for previous post) before and how much I like it but I just wanted to put this in here quickly because it is such a great option to add some shine to your manicure or change it up after a few days. It comes in Silver and Gold and I love my Silver one so much I am considering getting the big one. I am currently wearing OPI DS Coronation and I expected it to be more holo but none the less I was very pleased.... but a few days later I realized I could just put a layer or two of the Northern Lights top coat and I cannot even begin to tell you how amazing this mani looks. I am in love and this will for sure be using this color combo for many future mani's.
here is another picture of the top coat (silver and gold) I got online just so you can see it again:
These are just a few of my favorites, I will post about some other ones soon but in the mean time please comment below with the name of your favorite top coat, your thoughts on this post or my blog in general. UPDATE: I just put a poll on the right side bar for top coat, if you put other then please comment on this post what your favorite top coat is.
Thanks for reading, follow and comment! If anything at all feel free to email me at email@example.com :)